Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Crab Ramen - Keisuke Tokyo (けいすけ東京)

Visited Keisuke Tokyo a while ago, and found that they have updated their menu with a few new items - the basic-styles of Shio Ramen and Shoyu Ramen.


But what caught my eyes among the new edition is the Crab Ramen (S$15.8)!
This should be the only place in Singapore that is serving this ramen (except for the $30+ ramen at Aoba and Kaiko that has half a crab on top of it... not sure how many bowls of those do they actually sold), so I gotta try it out.

Kani Ramen

Topped with a large piece of char siew, 2 halves of an egg, naruto, menma, onion, shreds of chilli and seaweed, the ramen is arranged in the usual keisuke aesthetics. The aroma of the crab can be smelled immediately when the ramen is dished in front of me. The soup stock is very thick and dense, which I guess was meant for it to serve as more of the sauce of the "dry noodle", for it to hang onto the noodles.

According to an interview that owner-chef Takeda had with Zaobao, the soup is made by first frying the crab. The fried crab is crushed and blended with onion and carrot, and the mixture is again fried. Chicken broth is the mixed with the paste to create the soup.

I also noticed that for the Crab ramen, the flat noodles is used instead of the usual rounded ones.



All in all, its another good bowl of ramen. It will be suitable for those who likes it rich and thick.

In the interview, Takeda-san also shared that he will be releasing new items on his menu every 2-3 months for this Singapore outlet. Looking forward to his new creations for Singapore.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just tried the ramen from this shop. Had their signature ramen and the crab stock one. I agree with you that crab stock one was rich and thick but I guess it wasn't for me. I preferred the prawn stock one. Like our prawn noodles but very much fuller taste in the soup and love the little bits, like orange peel, that went with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the crab ramen definitely will have its fans and non-fans. I prefer something more soupy too and this is really thick.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails